Date: 5/12/19 6:43 am
From: Ryan Shackleton <shack357...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Great morning- 5 FOY species
Coming to work this morning I spotted a great egret at the Ackerson Easterly wildlife area east of Colwell. Getting closer to Mason City there was one red-headed woodpecker at the pasture just west of the big marsh on 280th St. Sadly there was also a mallard on the pond with a badly broken wing.

At the pond on the intersection of 290th and Poplar there was a yellow warbler and the first scarlet tanager I've ever seen. Common but I always seem to miss them.
Finally, there were two sandpipers(least, I think) on the road along the west edge of Curries parking lot.

Ryan Shackleton
Alta Vista,IA
Chickasaw County