Date: 5/11/19 7:15 am
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Warblers round Saylorville - Polk Co.
Yesterday afternoon Carol and I checked out the area near the outlet of Saylorville in the Bob Shetler area. In a mucky, smelly area where the floodwater was receding, the ground and trees were alive with warblers, albeit mostly yellow rumped (MANY) and palm warblers (a dozen or more). There were also a couple yellow warblers, a prothonotary and several northern waterthrushes. I think we also had a hooded warbler, but we only got a very brief look. Earlier in the day in the same area, I also found a black and white warbler.

We then went to the Cottonwood area (near the pond) where we found more palm, yellow rumped, yellow and prothonotary warblers.

Bird well,

Pip
NW Polk Co