Date: 5/10/19 4:34 am
From: 'John Canoles' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Black-throated blue hummingbird
I just had a male black throated blue warbler visiting my hummingbird feeders. It was perched on one feeder near the house and I startled it as I approached the window. It flew up to a nearby tree and then to a second feeder further from the house. It was perched on the back side of the feeder for minute or so before flying off. I could not see whether it was trying to get syrup from feeder or just perching. There are no ants or other insects on the feeders as far as I can tell.  A first for my feeder station!

John Canoles

Eco-Science Professionals, Inc.

P.O. Box 5006 Glen Arm, MD 21057
www.ecoscienceprofessionalsinc.com