Date: 5/9/19 5:07 pm
From: Patricia Wood <pwood...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Re: Be careful - ticks
I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere yet, so I wanted to share an experience I had: I was getting a lift from a fellow birder, sitting on the back seat as we went down the highway, looked down and discovered a tick marching toward me on the seat! Yikes! I grabbed him up in a bit of tissue, opened a crack in the window, and gave him a fast exit from the car. So maybe it would be good to spray one's car seat after coming back from a tick area, so if one is on your clothes, it'll stay there until you can wash and dry them. It's a scarey thought that one might days later be giving a ride to someone with a health issue that would make Lyme esp, bad for them to get, because who would even think of such a thing as a tick in the car? But I can't forget that little bugger making such a beeline for my leg over the seat, so I wanted to mention the possibility.

And Ed--I think you need a hazmat suit for that Wetland; 20 ticks is a lot!
Take care,
Patricia Wood
Silver Spring