Date: 5/9/19 11:54 am
From: Jim <epiphenomenon9...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Re: Be careful - ticks
Thanks Emily for the info and my sympathies.

I should follow up on a post I made yesterday about 10 ticks crawling up
pants I had sprayed with Permethrin. Now that I think about it, though I
spray most of my field pants, I may not have yet sprayed those particular
pants with Permethrin, and that might have been part of my problem. I have
seen two ticks crawling up my sprayed pants in the past however--but those
were nylon pants, and I'm not sure Permethrin adheres so well to nylon.

Also, I believe wellies can help in deterring ticks that try to attach low
to the ground. I have never seen ticks on the wellies I routinely wear.
But of course they won't help for ticks attaching higher, such as from tall
grass or tree branches.

Good birding!
Jim Moore
Rockville