Date: 5/9/19 5:28 am
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] East Winds- Coos Migrants 5/9/19
With offshore East Winds forecasted the next couple of days it will be a
good time to find unusual species along the coast. Forecast is close to 80F
for Coos Bay but only 70s on the Curry coast where I will be today so it
may not be as strong a coastal push as in some years. A few years back on a
good east wind day in early May at N Spit Coos Bay (one where it hit 90F) I
saw a Black Tern, two Sandhill Cranes and a Bank Swallow. I have seen chats
on the beach also.

Early this morning I heard Swainson’s Thrushes calling as they migrated
over. They have been back for a few days now but numbers will probably
rapidly increase the next few days.

Merry migration!
Tim R
Coos Bay