Date: 5/8/19 2:47 pm
From: David Irons <llsdirons...>
Subject: [obol] Happy Trails
Greetings all,

I’ve been an on and off and on again participant in this forum for roughly twenty years. It has been mostly a value added experience and I would hope that my participation has been ledger positive overall.

Over recent years my inclination to say what I think and offer opinions that the majority of subscribers may not agree with has evoked more grief and bad feelings than meaningful discussion and healthy disagreement. It has become increasingly abundant that my personality does not play well in a forum like OBOL. For this reason I’ve decided to give OBOL a break and likely a permanent one.

I know that some of you value my thoughts on tricky bird ID’s, historical perspective on status and distribution, or have eBird questions. Feel free to contact me directly via email and I will happily respond to those and other birding questions. And if you are in the Portland area and want to go birding I am always up for that (work schedule permitting). You are likely to discover I am infinitely more fun in person than some in this forum think I am.

I hope for the sake of those who subscribe to this forum that it continues to provide you enjoyment and perhaps some alternate perspectives to consider.

Dave Irons

Sent from my iPhone<Iʋ-Wyb(N ӑABi0zX+bnNڭb0yb(ڭbnB{Zr٨uڶnf׫j+zX+

Join us on Facebook!