Date: 5/8/19 2:40 pm
From: jrhough1--- via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Audubon's Oriole report
Hi,Just a note to ask that people reporting  rarities, especially ones rarely documented as vagrants outside their breeding range, or are short distance migrants in other parts of NA, to add a bit of information in their posts.While people have found some really cool birds and their posts have allowed many birders to see rarities, their are other, more probable species that may be mistaken for rarer birds and we should be diligent to communicate a bit more information.I do not know the people posting, or their experience, but in making that identification they must realize that this is a species undocumented (to my knowledge) in the east.I encourage anyone to report sightings of birds or to solicit help with rarities.Obviously, such a post will cause great interest and so i think there is a bit of responsibility to add information as to why it was an Audubon's as opposed to a more expected first-year Orchard Oriole, or even a Scott's Oriole.Thanks to all for posting your sightings but any extra info anyone can provide to the list members when extreme rarities are reported would be welcome by all.Many thanks,Julian HoughNew HavenSent from my LG Phoenix 3, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone