Date: 5/8/19 1:35 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Status of Malheur Visitor Center
I have had several questions about whether the Malheur HQ visitor center is open weekends, as the web site says it isn’t.

The visitor center and the nature store are open Fri-Sun only when volunteers are available to staff them. In May they will be staffed. The weekend volunteer at the HQ main deck is me.

For those who have not been here for a couple of years, the nature store is much larger and is now located in the building north of the museum. The visitor center desk has maps and current information about bird sightings, road conditions etc. but all the goodies are at the nature store now.

Anyone interested in volunteering can contact the refuge via the volunteer page on its web site, or Friends of Malheur, which runs the nature store. Slots are available from roughly end of March through October.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: