Date: 5/8/19 11:43 am
From: Jim <epiphenomenon9...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Be careful - ticks
Yes, I have been worrying that it might be a banner year for ticks in
Maryland. I take various precautions, and have only been bitten once in my
previous 10 years. But I have already been bitten twice this year – once
by a Lone Star Tick in late March in Calvert County, and once by one of the
ticks that carries Lyme disease in PG County (Patuxent refuge South tract,
power line cut) two weeks ago.

Besides doing an obvious tick check on your body, don't forget they may be
lurking on clothes or bags--tumbling items in a hot dryer is supposed to
kill them.

Jim Moore
Rockville