Date: 5/8/19 10:37 am
From: Jane Clark <jrclark...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Northern Parula
Yesterday, in the backyard along with heavy traffic of White-throated
Sparrows, I was pleased to spot White-crowned and Harris’s, and a Lincoln’s
Sparrows.  Saw a Blue-headed Vireo, 8 orioles in one spot on the other side
of the creek, 8 species of warblers with Yellow-throated, Wilson’s, Magnolia
the best and the actual orange crown of an Orange-crowned Warbler.

This morning, in between showers, I saw a Northern Parula at eye-level (our
house is a little higher than the floor of the Clive Greenbelt behind us.)
It has been 10 years since I have seen a Northern Parula here at home.
After yesterday's Yellow-throated Warbler and today's Northern Parula, what
will tomorrow bring?

The warblers and sparrows are feeding mostly in elms and hackberries. Our
backyard borders the Clive Geenbelt along Walnut Creek.

Jane Clark
Clive, Polk County