Date: 5/8/19 10:36 am
From: Rick Bennett <rickbennett67...>
Subject: [obol] Sandhill Crane and possible Golden-Plover at Tualatin River NWR
This morning at dawn there was a Sandhill Crane in the flooded fields
across 99W from the Visitor Center.

Also, in the far southwestern marsh unit on a small island there was a
large plover that could be a nonbreeding Golden-Plover because of the
darker crown and prominent 'ear flap' plus overall golden back plumage, but
the belly appeared white in the bright morning light and in my photos the
bill seemed heavier like a Black-bellied. I poured over lots of photos and
field guide drawings and see characteristics of both species in my photos.
Although I tentatively marked it as a Pacific Golden-Plover on my eBird
list, I can change that if more experienced plover watchers have a more
definitive verdict. Check out photos on eBird list:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56007427

No luck on the Harris's Sparrow found yesterday.

Rick Bennett, Sherwood

Join us on Facebook!