Date: 5/8/19 8:37 am
From: Mary Reese <dmarc-noreply...> (Redacted sender uuspirit for DMARC)
Subject: [obol] Ebird tutorial and lengthy posts
Is there an "Ebird for Dummies" type course I could take?  I downloaded it onto my phone a year ago, tried to post my list from Prineville Reservoir, but it wouldn't take it, so I haven't tried anything since.  Can't figure out how to look anything up either.  I don't plan to enter anything while in the field, because I'm too busy being "in the moment" and looking at other animals and landscapes, often while walking a dog and/or managing hiking poles.  So I prefer tallying up the list later.  I really don't know how to start using it.  Maybe Audubon could have a class once in awhile.
Also, I'm intimidated by these long-winded bird-nerd techy posts and the overwhelming number of them.  Never see that on Tweeters or frankly any other list I'm on.  It would be nice if there was another list for these kind of conversations and just a friendly regular OBOL for bird sightings.
Venting complete.  :-)

 Mary M. Reese
Eastrose UU Staff Musician
Rose Parkway Cat Sitting