Date: 5/7/19 11:15 pm
From: Mary Garrard <springazure1...>
Subject: [obol] hurts my heart
Hi friends, I got caught up with OBOL posts tonight, and I have to say it really hurts my heart when discussions include snarky personal jabs (the latest example being the discussion about using X instead of estimating numbers on eBird lists). Perhaps I misread people’s intent, because it’s notoriously easy to misinterpret electronic communications without accompanying body language and other visual or aural cues, but really. Be nice. We are all on the same page when it comes to the big picture of loving and appreciating the amazing world of birds and the need to ensure their survival in the world we humans have created. Right?

And BTW, I am almost abashed to admit it, but I only ever use X when I do an eBird checklist. Feel free to cull my lists (insert smiley face and cat emoji with hearts for eyes here!).

I do love and appreciate all the ways in which OBOL’ers lift up and advance the cause of birds and birding.

Mary

POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!