Date: 5/7/19 5:01 pm
From: Doug & Nina Harr <dnharr...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Boone-Greene County great birding
This morning I birded Ledges State Park and Harrier Marsh in Boone County.
After lunch I went to Dunbar Slough, the Raccoon River and Snake Creek and
Wildlife Area in Greene County. Ended up with 89 species for the day,
including 11 warbler species and 11 sparrow species.

Some of the best are these listed by site:

*Least Bittern* (FOY)--heard making the "chuckling" call at Snake Creek
Marsh
*Semi-palmated Plover*--flock of about 7 at Dunbar Slough
*Yellow-bellied Flycatcher* (FOY)--in drying flood mud flats at lower
Ledges SP
*Marsh Wren* (FOY)--*lots* at Harrier Marsh and Snake Creek Marsh.
*Veery*--at Lost Lake Trail parking area, Ledges SP
*Louisiana Waterthrush*--Ledges SP
*Northern Waterthrush*--Ledges SP
*Kentucky Warbler*--Ledges State Park, near Lost Lake
*Magnolia Warbler* (FOY)--Ledges SP
*Palm Warbler*--6 hopping down gravel road through Sbnake Creek Marsh
*Clay-colored Sparrow* (FOY)--4 at Dunbar Slough and 2 at Snake Creek Marsh
*Lark Sparrow *(FOY)--on a stick at flood-mud flats in lower Ledges SP
*Bobolink* (FOY)--at least 7at Dunbar Slough

Doug Harr
Ogden