Date: 5/7/19 2:26 pm
From: Beverly Propen via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Brown bat at East Rock park
5/7 I made a short stop at East Rock park, after an appt. around
3:55-4:20PM
At what I believe is called the "coal house"-(after covered bridge, along
path to a small bldg) 3 people were observing a small brown bat which was
tucked into a horizontal board parallel to the base of the roof eave. It
moved a bit and after a few minutes it flew off into the wooded area. I
noticed a bat house on a tree nearby, but this bat was hanging out at the
coal house. I thought it unusual for it to fly during the daylight hours.
With bins, did not notice any white stuff on its face.
Several black & white warblers, several yellow warblers, yellow rumps, 3
catbirds, 2 Barn Swallows, a singing Warbling vireo and 1 drake mallard on
the pond.
Bev Propen, Orange