Date: 5/7/19 1:41 pm
From: <jmjhrtgh...> <jmjhrtgh...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Pine Warbler
Missed it at the IOU Meeting only to see it at the feeders in Lake Hendricks, Riceville this morning. Best look ever at a Pine. Thought it was a Blue-winged at first, but checked out the striations under its wings, the yellow on the throat and upper belly, and the white on the under belly. The wing bars almost qualified for a Blue-winged, probably the light from the filtered sunlight. What was remarkable was that it hopped on the Prince (pink bag) finch feeder first. (Always bragging that everything likes that best.). Then it hopped to the suet, and finally on the oil sunflower feeder.

The Yellow-rumped warblers were feeding on the suet feeders. ( I have 4, but the woodpeckers were still interrupting them.)

Too bad we’re slated for a possible 2 inches of rain in the next day or so. Means that our all 5th graders in Howard Co.
Bird Program will have to be indoors.

Fantastic birding to everyone,

Mary Jo Hartogh
Mitchell Co.