Date: 5/7/19 10:52 am
From: Nancy Stotz <nstotznew...>
Subject: [obol] oriole photos and mystery shorebird
I have posted the photos I got of the Hooded Oriole in Brookings on 1 May
to eBird. Complete checklist here (eBird recently reformatted the checklist
display: click on the photos to get to an enlarged view).
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55965128

The only other eBird list I have entered so far is one from yesterday (6
May), because we had what I believe was a Semipalmated Sandpiper mixed in
with some Westerns on the Sandpiper Village beach north of Waldport. I know
they are more commonly detected during fall migration, so I wanted to post
it here to double check the identification. It was another very different
shorebird outing yesterday afternoon: it was foggy with relatively light
winds out of the north (vs the much stronger winds we encountered on most
of our trip), plus it was just after high tide, so instead of lots of low
flyby flocks of little shorebirds hugging the beach and gaps between
breakers, we encountered a beach full of Whimbrel, with a few goodies like
Marbled Godwit, Black-bellied Plover, and Ruddy Turnstone added to the mix.
Link to full checklist with mystery bird photos here:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55965577

Feedback on the potential SESA would be appreciated.
Nancy Stotz

Join us on Facebook!