Date: 5/6/19 6:57 pm
From: Severin Uebbing via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Chimney Swifts New Haven
Following up on Mark Aronson's email from some time ago, Chimney Swift
numbers are still building up at the York Street chimney in New Haven.
Today we observed an estimated 3000 swifts coming in to roost from the
roof of the parking garage at 150 York.  It was quite the spectacle to
see!  After circling above our heads for a while, they started darting
into the chimney around 7.50 pm.  For several minutes, swifts darted
into the chimney at about 10 individuals per second, while still further
flocks up to a hundred strong arrived.  10/10 would recommend.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55937011

Many thanks to Mark for letting us know about this site!

Severin, Acadia, Alex