Date: 5/6/19 5:24 pm
From: 'Bill Hubick' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Common Nighthawk in Anne Arundel Co. (5/6)
Hi Everyone,
Moments ago I heard my first COMMON NIGHTHAWK of the year over my neighborhood in Rockwood Beach, northern Anne Arundel Co. (5/6). Always a welcome sound!
As Dan Haas noted, Saturday (5/4) was hopping in our neighborhood. Migrants were active and conspicuous, highlighted by a DICKCISSEL at the point on the end of my road. It was only my second ever in the county. Also of note were a couple late PINE SISKINs, my earliest LEAST FLYCATCHER by a few days, a SAVANNAH SPARROW, both orioles, ROSE-BREASTED GROSBEAK, and eight species of warbler including BLACKPOLL.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55771374

Good birding,
Bill
Bill HubickPasadena, <Marylandbill_hubick...>://www.billhubick.com