Date: 5/6/19 5:02 pm
From: larspernorgren <larspernorgren...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Re Trumpeter Swan watch
This is right on Roy. I believe Trumpeter Swans once nested in Illinois. They are in multiple parts of upstate NY, due to transplants like Summer Lake and Malheur. Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Roy Gerig <roygerig...> Date: 5/6/19 4:40 PM (GMT-08:00) To: OBOL <obol...> Subject: [obol] Re Trumpeter Swan watch It is that there were two or more posts about Trumpeter Swan sightings around here (Willamette Valley) in the past day or two.  It is very unusual this late in spring.  A few years ago a Trumpeter stayed it seems like most of April and some of May on Eagle Marsh ANWR.  My own record keeping is atrocious, and I could not find any reference of it in eBird (I searched there).  As far as I can guess, most of us that saw this bird and thought it unusual were eBirding thenWe could get wildly optimistic and hope that with the new (since 1985 or so, that I know) wetland and marsh/swamp recreations in the WV and since Wilson's Phalaropes, Black-necked Stilts, YH Blackbirds, etc have become more commonplace with that, maybe Trumpeter Swans will sometime displace the gruesome Mute Swans that people bring in for pets on Stone Quarry Lake in Salem and other water features like itRoy Gerig Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!