Date: 5/6/19 8:04 am
From: John D Babington via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Blue Jay migration?, Baltimore Orioles, and a Veery pair -Washington, CT
Just walked around the back of the house here in Washington, CT. Based on the number of Blue Jays I saw here on Sunday and today they must be migrating. When I went out the back door here I heard a Baltimore Oriole right away. Love their songs, which hesitates as it goes along. I think there were two males, one that I was able to see. Noted a Verry pair on the driveway here. Tried to turn them into another thrush species but the lack of any spots or strips on their lower breast and draper brown color made them Verry's. Had a Bobcat this morning early, no doubt looking for the chipmunk that hangs around the wood pile on the front porch

David W BabingtonWashington, CT