Date: 5/6/19 7:03 am
From: <jmjhrtgh...> <jmjhrtgh...>
Subject: [ia-bird] The Spring IOU Meeting-May 3,4,5
Special thanks to the great job everyone did to make the IOU weekend a huge success - the Iowa City Bird Club for hosting it. The Field Trip leaders were indefatigable in their efforts to make sure everyone got to see the targeted species. Even to the point of arriving days ahead to scout the most likely spots.

Best sighting was the Summer Tanager on the edge of the trees at eye level singing its heart out.

Back home we seem to have more Goldfinches than usual and they brought 2 Pine Siskins with bright gold wing bars with them to the feeders. Two wonderful male Baltimore Orioles on the nectar and grape jelly feeders. So coming home was not the downer I expected after all the wonderful woodland warblers, vireos, etc. of the weekend.

Hope we’ll all get to see more great birds,

Mary Jo Hartogh
Mitchell County