Date: 5/6/19 5:42 am
From: Tyler M. Harms <tyharms...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Central Iowa migrants
Hi Birders,

I was drawn to the trees in our backyard for 20 minutes this morning before
work after hearing my FOY Backpoll Warbler singing from our oak. Present
with him was a couple Nashville, Yellow-rumped, Yellow, and Black-and-White
Warblers as well as an American Redstart and Blue-headed Vireo. I also saw
the first Ruby-throated Hummingbird in the yard. And I added a new yard
bird to top it off...oddly, a Red-headed Woodpecker was calling and working
the linden in our neighbor's yard.

Lastly, the Northern Parula has returned to the usual spot near my office
in Ledges State Park.

A fun way to finish off a great weekend of birding with friends in SE
Iowa. Many thanks to all those who assisted with organizing a fantastic
IOU Spring Meeting!

Take care,

Tyler Harms
Ames, Story Co.