Date: 5/6/19 1:55 am
From: Chuck Berthoud <cbpabirds...>
Subject: PA Migration Count, May 11. Instructions for new birders and those not on eBird
Hello PA Birders,

This coming Saturday, the second Saturday in May is the state-wide
Migration Count. As we have done since 1992, all our checklists are
compiled into one large spreadsheet, organized by county.

The easiest way to participate is to use eBird anywhere across the
state. If you don't have an eBird account you can still participate. An
eBird account named PA Migration Count has been set up for you to enter
your own data. Please contact me for the password. If you don't have a
computer, send your checklists to another birder who has an eBird
account or to me at 4461 Cherry Drive, Spring Grove, PA 17362 and I will
add it to the PA Migration Count in eBird.

If you are new to birding, contact your county compiler who is listed at
pabirds.org in the Projects tab where you can find PA Annual Migration
Count. Some counties do not have a compiler. Newer birders are
encouraged to join other birders. One way to find where other birders
will be is to check where others have birded most frequently in your
county. From the home page in eBird.org open the Explore tab and enter a
county name under Explore Regions. On the right column under Recent
Visits are links to the last 100 checklists. Below the Top eBirders  are
the 100 Top Hotspots in the county with links to checklists of each
species seen. In the checklist you will find a subtle link to the map,
on the left of the county name.

Go birding!

Chuck, York County

Join us on Facebook!