Date: 5/5/19 6:53 pm
From: Tyler Grant <tgrant77...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Dunbar Slough - Greene Co
270th Str - White-rumped Sandpiper (4), Wilson's Phalarope (3), Least,
Semipalmated, and Pectoral Sandpipers, a single Semipalmated Plover. Two
Forster's Terns flew over. Bank swallows singing as flying around. Two
pipits were there for some reason. A strange-sounding red-winged blackbird
at the north end near the water control structure turned out to be a
Bobolink. A single white-crowned sparrow with a group of white-throated
sparrows. Flushed 2 small stocky sparrows that re-entered the grass never
to be seen again. Grasshopper, Le Conte's? I'll never know. Altogether I
got more FOYs than I expected.

250th Str - A Black-crowned Night-Heron was in full view when I drove up.
It flew as a got up. After a few moments another flew, off to the north.
Marsh wrens singing. A male Great-tailed Grackle squeaking. Saw some
Soras.

Tyler Grant
Ames