Date: 5/5/19 6:04 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Malheur update
The Ground Squirrel Gazette

May 5, 2019

Big influx of tanagers and orioles today, with an increase of Townsend’s Warbs. Lark Sparrow on the lawn is not regular at HQ. Golden-crowned Sparrow continues. Three GHO owlets are well-fuzzed but won’t fledge for a couple of weeks. Look south from the west end of the deck. Lots of hummer action: a male Black-chin, pair of Calliope and pair of Rufous.

Fun to run into people who are friends or friends of friends. The docent work as such is enjoyable; the long days of talking and standing less so. This afternoon after the office closed, an enormous racket outside my lair send me out to see what was going on. A large tree limb had come down, bouncing off of others and barely missing my car, which was showered with twigs.

M.I. - 1. Last night there were mosquitos. Not many, but they are now officially increasing. My index uses 10 as the mid-July skeeter hell.

Today was my second day of over 60 species seen or heard solely from the HQ deck.

Alan Contreras
<acontrer56...>
Eugene, Oregon

TEMPORARY ADDRESS: