Date: 5/5/19 12:08 pm
From: Preston Lust via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Hammo Delights
5/5/19, 9:30 AM-12:00 PM -- Hammonasset State Park, Madison

In spite of the vernal downpour, I had many delightful birds at Hammo not the least of which was the BLUE GROSBEAK continuing in the sand by the playground, flanked by several field sparrows and a white-crowned (one of two white-crowneds I observed in the park today).

At the nearby West Beach parking lot was a surprise LESSER-BLACKED BACK GULL. In the grass across from the parking lot, two short-billed dowitchers with many black-bellied plovers and a flyover semipalmated plover. Many least sandpipers as well.

At the beach, two common terns and a few red-throated loons in breeding plumage.

Willard's Island failed to produce any grounded migrants, contrary to my most sanguine hopes. All in all, a delightful day.

Preston Lust, Westport

Sent from my iPhone