Date: 5/5/19 10:39 am
From: Gregory Hanisek via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] more groundings
Following up on Aidan's oriole fallout, there was a big grounding of
Savannah Sparrows that was very apparent at Sikorsky Airport in Stratford
this a.m. I looped round the inside of the airport a few times to get a
good handle on the birds, which were jumping in and out of tall lawn but
also landing on the chain link fences. Trying to do as accurate an actual
count as possible, I came up with 50 (+/- 5).

I also had another 3+ on a little strip of roadside grass about a
quarter-mile away on Oak Bluff Ave just N of Rt 113, where I stopped to
listen to a couple calling Virginia Rails.

Greg Hanisek
Waterbury