Date: 5/5/19 9:27 am
From: 'Kurt Schwarz' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Washington County Great Egret
While trying to enter my sighting yesterday of the egret, I could not locate any ponds on the south side of I-68.  I had reported the pond to be just west of milepost 79, but it appears that would be on Cumberland.   It turns out eBird considers this a rarity.  I wish I had better information on the location, but whizzing along at 70 mph, etc.  And I may not have been clear, while I was sort of joking, I cannot be absolutely sure it was not the white form of Great Blue Heron.  It would be interesting if the Big Pool bird had returned after a 7 year interval. Big white wader with bright yellow bill.  Evident even at 70 mph.

Kurt SchwarzEllicott City