Date: 5/5/19 9:28 am
From: Julie <jg441157j5x...>
Subject: [ia-bird] IOU spring meeting -Saturday field trip Van Buren County
I was unable to attend today’s activities, but yesterday was a beautiful day in Van Buren County. The field trip I took with about 20 others was one of the easier walking ones in Lacy Keosauqua Park and Sugema area. I believe the group total was 74species of birds, all of which I am not going to name. However, I think it worth noting that among our finds was a Bell’s Vireo, which Chuck Fuller said was NOT there on Thursday, 4 (at least) Bobolinks, 2Henslow’s Sparrows, (acutally it was a very good sparrow day with Lincoln’s, Swamp, White-Throated, Chipping, Song, Field, Grasshopper) Yellow-breasted Chat, and some warblers, which amazed everyone by sitting still long enough for some good looks. Those were Yellow-throated, Kentucky, and Northern Parula, if I recall. I did not see the Kentucky or Yellow-throated, as I stayed behind to photograph a pair of Summer Tanagers.
All in all it was a great day for birding and other groups had much success as well.
No news yet on where the fall meeting will be held.

Julie Johnston
319-695-3037
http://www.wildwingcreations.com
http://www.juliejohnstonphotography.com