Date: 5/5/19 9:16 am
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich: Prairie & Worm-Eating Warbler +
As I expected many migrants were still held down by the rain here at
Audubon Greenwich this morning. The budding oaks & maples along Lake
Trail + Discovery Trail and Riverbottom Road were active with numerous
roaming flocks of migrants mostly made up of Yellow-Rumped and
Black-&-White Warblers but other species included a WORM-EATING WARBLER
singing along Discovery Trail (sure would be nice if they started breeding
again here), a non-vocal PRAIRIE WARBLER feeding in an oak tree along Lake
Trail, numerous BLACK-THROATED GREEN + BLUE WARBLERS, both species of
Waterthrush and several Ovenbirds. I had a brief look at a backlit warbler
which could have been a Cerulean Warbler but the heavy rain and poor
lighting made it impossible to confirm.

Next Saturday, May 11th is our annual World Migratory Bird Day Celebration
featuring an Early Morning Bird Walk, Breakfast and the special new
addition of a Live Raptor Show by Christine's Critters. The bird walk with
Ted Gilman will be at 6:30 a.m followed by breakfast in our Asnes Barn at
8:30 a.m. The Live Raptor Show will be at 10 a.m. with wildlife
rehabilitator Christine Peyreigne bringing several hawks, falcons, owls and
a Bald Eagle. You can visit the link below for more information:
http://greenwich.audubon.org/events/boots-beaks-breakfast-world-migratory-bird-day-celebration

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich