Date: 5/5/19 8:55 am
From: Aidan Kiley via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Baltimore Oriole fallout
I spent a couple hours this morning searching for Prothonotary Warbler in
good habitat. On my way back I stopped at Samp Mortar Reservoir in
Fairfield (Restricted access).

I got out of the car and spotted a couple of Baltimore Orioles in a small
flowering tree. Then, I saw that there were more and more hiding in that
tree and the one next to it. In two very small trees, there were a total of
15(!) Baltimore Orioles. They started flying out and I got an exact count.
Two more flew in from the opposite direction so I ended with a total count
of 17. It was like nothing I've ever experienced before.

Also had 1-2 Savannah Sparrows, which are rather rare here.

Aidan Kiley
Fairfield