Date: 5/4/19 6:03 pm
From: Rick & Marianne Atkinson <marianne5...>
Subject: Red headed woodpecker - Clearfield County
This is a new yard bird and new bird for me in PA! The only other Red Headed
Woodpecker I have ever seen was in Florida, decades ago.

There was a Red headed woodpecker eating sunflower seed hearts on the ground
and from my hanging feeders today!!!!  It was here twice this morning, about
5 minutes apart, since hubby and the dog scared it away by accident the
first time it was here, while walking near my bird feeding area.

My mouth dropped wide open when I first saw it! It was so cool! I hope it
sticks around and breeds in my area. I have almost 100 acres with a variety
of habitats.

I NEVER found a Red headed woodpecker in Clearfield County when taking part
in two breeding bird atlas projects for several years. I am so lucky that
this one has come to me, since I could see it while looking outside from the
comfort of my house!

Marianne Atkinson
Clearfield County near DuBois