Date: 5/4/19 6:04 pm
From: Chris Blazo <000000a22b6b5249-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Franklin County- Birds, Birds, Birds
The last 7 days have been pretty phenomenal to say the least. Last Sunday started with a Lincoln's Sparrow creating a new early date for me and I ended today with a singing, male Prothonotary Warbler at Mennohaven. While speaking of the trail at Mennohaven, It's been on fire with migrant warblers. On Thursday, May 2nd I had:

Northern Waterthrush- 1 FOY
Black-and-white Warbler- 3
Blue-winged Warbler- 2
Nashville Warbler- 1 FOY
Common Yellowthroat- 3
American Redstart- 4
Northern Parula- 1 FOY
Blackburnian Warbler- 3
Yellow Warbler- 3
Chestnut-sided Warbler- 5 FOY
Black-throated Blue Warbler- 2 FOY
Palm Warbler (eastern)- 2
Pine Warbler- 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 50+
Black-throated Green Warbler- 8+

Non-warbler species seen with flocks:

Scarlet Tanager- 1
Yellow-throated Vireo- 1
Red-eyed Vireo- 3
Least Flycatcher- 1 FOY

Warblers seen today May 4th:

Black-and-white Warbler- 3
Prothonotary Warbler- 1 FOY
Nashville Warbler- 1
Common Yellowthroat- 2
Hooded Warbler- 1
American Redstart- 6
Cape May Warbler- 3
Northern Parula- 2
Magnolia Warbler- 1 FOY
Chestnut-sided Warbler- 1
Black-throated Blue Warbler- 2
Palm Warbler (western)- 3
Yellow-rumped Warbler- 50+ 65% of moving objects!!
Black-throated Green Warbler- 3

Bear Valley is also full of bird life with Cerulean, Worm-eating and Blackburnian being key warbler species. I wasn't able to locate any Golden-winged Warblers in their specific haunts as of yet, but it's still early.

Chris Blazo- St. Thomas

Join us on Facebook!