Date: 5/4/19 11:12 am
From: Andy Martin <apmartin2...>
Subject: [MDBirding] car break-ins Violette's and Pennyfield Lock parking lots
Just a heads up if you bird in these areas. This morning some fellow birders and I set up a one way walk from Pennyfield to Violette's. Vehicles left in both parking lots had a smashed window and personal property taken upon our return.

Mont Co policeman who responded to Violette's break-in implied it was fairly rare for there, while the MNPPC Officer responding to Pennyfield incident was not surprised and seemed to imply that someone (part of a known gang) is often casing the lot.

Andy Martin
Gaithersburg