Date: 5/4/19 9:43 am
From: Jared <jaredwdawson...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Golden-winged Warbler Seneca Co
After a delightful early morning with Josh Snodgrass and a robust group of over 20 birders I heard word of a reported GOLDEN-WINGED WARBLER at the intersection of Combs and McCarriger Rds between Lodi and Ovid. Got over there at 10:45 where the two birders present reported last seeing it at 10:30. Just after 11 I saw a smallish warbler with a black throat and a yellowish wing patch. The light was poor and it was a brief look but good enough for an ID. About 15 minutes later I saw presumably the same bird and got a good look at a black and white patterned head although the body was obscured.
I also saw a Black-throated Blue, two Blackburnians, 3 Nashvilles, a Yellow-rumped, and heard an Ovenbird.
Jared Dawson

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/