Date: 5/4/19 4:22 am
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby, 5/4 - Blue wave
On this foggy morning, a flock of 30+ Blue Jays — evidently migrants — descended suddenly on our back yard. They gorged themselves for a few minutes on the white millet scattered on the ground, then departed as quickly as they had come.

At my old hawk watch, such migranting bands were a common sight in the fall. This is the first time I’ve seen so many at once in the spring.

John Weeks
North Granby