Date: 5/3/19 10:28 pm
From: Timothy Shelmerdine <tim.oregonpelagictours...>
Subject: [obol] Repositioning Cruise, April 30--May 2
Taking advantage of the low fares offered by cruise ship lines moving their
ships northward for the Alaska season, I had an interesting cruise aboard
the Eurodam (Holland America Line) between San Diego and Vancouver, B.C.
Mechanical repairs required a 20 hour delay in our departure, so instead of
leaving late in the afternoon of Monday, April 29, we left about 1:30 pm on
April 30. This change in schedule meant an increased speed the entire
voyage north, cut the birding time in Oregon unfortunately, but led to some
spectacular birding in Washington.
By 8:20 on May 1, we were already off Monterey Co, CA. I had 1 LAYSAN
ALBATROSS in that county, another in San Mateo Co., and 2 in San Francisco
County, all in the morning. I personally had no more Laysans north of San
Francisco Co.
Highlights of the afternoon shift were 1 HAWAIIAN PETREL and 1 COOK'S PETREL

--
Tim Shelmerdine
Oregon Pelagic Tours

Join us on Facebook!