Date: 5/3/19 10:15 pm
From: Range Bayer <range.bayer...>
Subject: [obol] Lincoln Co. Mountain Bluebird Reports Mostly in March-April
Hi,

Below are the Lincoln Co. Mountain Bluebird reports that I am aware
of--I am not closely compiling records any more. 5 of the 7 reports
below were in March-April.

1) A female Mountain Bluebird at South Beach was well-studied by Matt
Hunter and Steve Heinl on April 28, 1985.
2) A Mountain Bluebird was also reported on 12/19/1992. [I don't
have the time to look up more information.]
3) A possible, female MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD was reported at Yaquina Head
on 4/14 & 15/1999.
4) Darrel Faxon saw a MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD at Thornton Creek on 8/27/2003.
5) A brilliant blue adult male MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD was found at Yaquina
Head during March 5-11, 2007 (BLM).
6) On 4/12/2010, Trent Seager saw a male MOUNTAIN BLUEBIRD perched
on a log at the beach at South Beach State Park. This is the 6th
record for Lincoln Co..
7) Mountain Bluebird (Sialia currucoides) (1)
- Reported Apr 27, 2019 15:00 by Rick Mark
- Siletz Bay, Oregon, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&q=44.919611,-124.025657&ll=44.919611,-124.025657
- Media: 7 Photos
- Comments: "Male mountain bluebird seen on a Pacific Ocean beach. He
perched in shrubbery and on driftwood on the bay side of Salishan
Spit, near Lincoln City, OR. The bird spent a little time walking on
the sand as well."

Besides Rick Mark's report to eBird, I haven't found any other records in eBird.

Happy birding,

Range Bayer. Newport, Oregon.
POST: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>