Date: 5/3/19 7:25 pm
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Another day of migration, Montgomery/Lehigh counties
Hello PA Birders,

I had another great day at Green Lane Park and DeSales University.

Walt Rd (Green Lane) was teeming with Yellow-rumped Warblers, but several
gems were hidden among them, including Nashville, Cape May, American
Redstart, and a stunning Scarlet Tanager.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55722806

I then moved to the Green Lane Flyfishing Area, where it was wetter and
quieter, but there were different birds. Red-eyed and Blue-headed Vireo, RB
Nuthatch, 4 Baltimore Orioles, and Purple Finches were the highlights here.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55707838

After lunch at DeSales University, I had time between activities, so I made
my first visit to the cross-country track behind the theater. I was
impressed! Highlights included hunting Northern Harrier, Savannah Sparrow,
Indigo Bunting, and yet another Nashville Warbler.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55722806

During tennis practice (2 hours), at least 70 Yellow-rumps flew north in
pairs and groups of up to 20. A single group of 9 Eastern Kingbirds
migrated as well.

I think just about anywhere could be good again tomorrow!

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

Join us on Facebook!