Date: 5/3/19 7:25 pm
From: Pip Fisher <pip...>
Subject: [ia-bird] No Sighting - Spring Meeting 5/3-5
Hello Bird Lovers!

Would you like to meet the author of Peterson Field Guide to Bird Sounds?
Both Eastern AND Western editions? (Currently available at Amazon.com and
most other book sellers.) Well, buy your copies and head on down to
Keosauqua and join us for the IOU Spring Meeting! Not only will you be able
to meet Nathan Pieplow, he'll even autograph the books for you!

So you say that books bore you but you want to do some birding in world
class habitat during what looks to be an excellent weekend of migration? I'd
suggest you come to Keosauqua for the Saturday and Sunday morning field
trips at the IOU Spring Meeting!

Oh, I understand, you'd rather learn something about woodcocks, birding
apps, and how to better identify bird sounds? Well, this is your lucky day
chum! I happen to know of a place where you can do all 3 in one afternoon in
the scenic and historic setting of Keosauqua, IA! The afternoon sessions at
the IOU Spring Meeting will cover exactly those topics!

What would you pay now? - DON'T ANSWER YET!!! As if all the above wasn't
enough, there will be social time with some of the leading birders in the
state, wandering around the peaceful and lush forests of southeastern Iowa,
and I personally guarantee excellent weather.*

Oh, you just want to sit and have a great dinner with some friends, listen
to an interesting speaker and sit around and chat afterward? I can give you
that too.

You don't have to be an IOU Member to join us on this adventure. To sign up
and get more information about finding lodging in the area and the meals
that are going to be available at a reasonable price, head to
https://iowabirds.org/IOU/NextMeeting.aspx

See you in Keosauqua!

Pip Fisher

Vice President

Iowa Ornithologists Union

(*Note that Pip Fisher has no actual way to guarantee weather of any kind,
excellent or otherwise and any such guarantee is simply a ploy to lure you
to the IOU Spring Meeting, May 3-5, in Keosauqua, IA. Oh, you'd like to give
him a piece of your mind about this cheesy trick? I know where and when you
can find him and he'd love to hear it straight from you.:))