Date: 5/3/19 6:12 pm
From: John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Granby, 5/3: FOY Baltimore Oriole, Chestnut-sided Warbler, Solitary Sandpiper and Common Yellowthroat
Things have been a bit slow up here on the northern border… My eBird report is below.

John Weeks
North Granby

North Granby: JG Property (Private Access), Hartford, Connecticut, US
May 3, 2019 10:12 AM - 12:26 PM
Protocol: Traveling
1.1 mile(s)
47 species

Canada Goose 1
Mallard 1
Mourning Dove 1
Virginia Rail 2
Solitary Sandpiper 1
Great Blue Heron 2
Turkey Vulture 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1
Broad-winged Hawk 1
Red-tailed Hawk 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker 2
Downy Woodpecker 2
Pileated Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 2
Blue-headed Vireo 2
Warbling Vireo 1
Blue Jay 1
American Crow 1
Common Raven 1
Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2
Tree Swallow 5
Barn Swallow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 1
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 3
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Eastern Bluebird 1
American Goldfinch 3
White-throated Sparrow 2
Song Sparrow 3
Swamp Sparrow 3
Baltimore Oriole 1 First of the year.
Red-winged Blackbird 5
Brown-headed Cowbird 1
Common Grackle 35 A surprising event: I heard a loud whoosh of wings behind me and turned around to see a flock of between 30 and 40 Grackles flying down the brook. It struck me as strange that they would still be congregating in such numbers at this point in the season.
Ovenbird 3
Northern Waterthrush 1
Black-and-white Warbler 2
Common Yellowthroat 1 First of the year; kept silent.
Yellow Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1 First of the year.
Palm Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 37 Undoubtedly an undercount. They were moving through quickly, above the treetops, at all heights in the trees, and down in the marsh.
Black-throated Green Warbler 1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 2

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55736538