Date: 5/3/19 4:33 pm
From: Ken Chamberlain <kjchamberlain...>
Subject: [obol] Audrey's Red Knot - maybe in Tillamook too?
Hi All

I was birding with a PDX Audubon group on Bayocean Spit on Saturday April 27, this would be two days before Audrey found her birds and approx. 40 mi. south. On our return, we walked the beach southbound. Among the many shorebirds on the beach we found a group of five RED KNOTS. One had a red flag on its lower left leg that looks similar to Audrey’s bird. Unfortunately, we could not see the upper leg. Cliff Cordy got a photo that is attached below, with Cliff’s permission.

What are the chances it’s the same bird? Or maybe just from the same banding effort? Too bad we could not see if it had the upper yellow tag.

Also, it seems to be good year for RED KNOTS. I’ve had three encounters in the last week.

All the best
Ken Chamberlain
@Portland

Join us on Facebook!