Date: 5/3/19 11:13 am
From: JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] White-crowned Sparrow, Bethesda yard, Mont. Co.
On Fri, May 3, 2019 at 2:00 PM 'Jim Nelson' via Maryland & DC Birding <
<mdbirding...> wrote:
I had a nice surprise as I ate lunch on our deck today.?? I've been
watching for lingering White-throated Sparrows to see how long they stay
around (last one seen or heard a couple of days ago).?? I spotted a sparrow
on the ground with bright black and white head striping and immediately
realized it was a White-crowned Sparrow.

I do the same for Juncos, White-crowned [WCSP] & White-throated sparrows
[WTSP]. Juncos are the first to leave and it seems 4/12 was their 2019
last date. WTSPs usu outstay the WCSPs with both being gone by 5/15.

Advice to Jim Nelson: Move WEST young man...we [FREDCO] have WCSPs every
year...

Jim Speicher
BroadRun/Burkittsville area
[FR] Frederick County