Date: 5/3/19 9:12 am
From: Linda Fink <linda...>
Subject: [obol] Bob Straub Park shorebirds and Yamhill County Spotted Sandpiper
On May 1st I did my monthly Beached (dead) Bird Survey for COASST on Bob
Straub Park beach (near Pacific City) and found no dead birds but about
a zillion (rough estimate) Sanderlings and Western Sandpipers (my i.d.
ergo could be wrong). On my walk early last month there were two zillion
Sanderlings. If there were birds flying past either month, I did not
notice them as I spend my time looking in the wrack line and wood for
dead birds.

At home on our farm in SW Yamhill County, a Spotted Sandpiper groomed
and bobbed along Agency Creek yesterday, May 2nd. First I've seen this
year.

Linda Fink
--

POST: Send your post to <obol...>