Date: 5/3/19 8:23 am
From: spbroker via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] New Haven Bird Club Field Trip to River Road, Kent
A final reminder, the New Haven Bird Club trip to River Road, Kent, CT has been rescheduled to Saturday, May 11. All other information listed in the NHBC Year Book and appearing at the New Haven Bird Club schedule of events and the COA Calendar is correct.

I will not be doing my usual pre-trip visit to River Road, as I return to Connecticut from a trip to Ireland on May 10. I am hopeful that others will be able to bird this Housatonic River hotspot in advance of the 11th and stake out some of its luminary bird species for us to relocate. That has always been a fun part of this trip, so sadly, no car odometer birding will be practiced this year.

We’ve had an impressive spring push of migrants in the last several days, and I’m sure River Road and neighboring spots will produce their share of delights.

Steve Broker
Cheshire