Date: 5/3/19 7:00 am
From: Ryan Maclean via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Audubon Greenwich: 12 sp Warblers, RB Nuthatch, YT Vireo
To add to all the madness of the past couple days, migrants seem to be in pretty good numbers inland from the coast as well with a decent showing of warblers at Audubon Greenwich this morning. The bulk of activity seemed to be in budding trees along the stretch of boardwalk past trail marker #8 on the Lake Trail with a nice mixed flock containing male and female Black-Throated Blue + Green Warblers, 2 Chestnut Sided Warblers, Nashville Warbler, American Redstart, atleast 10 Black and White Warblers and an unexpected Red-Breasted Nuthatch. Other arrivals included a singing Yellow-Throated Vireo on Riverbottom Rd and a Ruby Throated Hummingbird nectaring on Apple Blossoms in our orchard.

As some have pointed out tomorrow is Global Big Day and we will be participating with our 7 am bird walk tomorrow morning (Sat May 4). We meet in the Audubon Greenwich parking lot at 613 Riversville Rd, Greenwich CT and no RSVP is required!

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich

Sent from my iPhone