Date: 5/2/19 6:46 pm
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Migration notes from Montgomery and Lehigh Co. today, especially Saucon Rail Trail
Hello PA Birders,

I was happy to have more time to enjoy the migrants today.

I started out with only time for a 12-minute stop at Walt Rd (Green Lane
Reservoir), but it had some warblers, an Indigo Bunting, and a good count
of 15-16 slightly late Buffleheads.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55662630

A Northern Waterthrush sang by the Locust Valley Golf Club as I drove past.

DeSales University initially had few migrants other than Blue Jays and a
Ruby-throated Hummingbird, but I did pick up 9-10 Solitary Sandpipers at
two retention basins there.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55671931

The Saucon Rail Trail was the best location of the day, with multiple FOYs
and yet more jays. I had good looks at multiple Baltimore Orioles, 2
Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, and a male Scarlet Tanager.

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55683017

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

Join us on Facebook!