Date: 5/2/19 8:46 am
From: clay crofton <claycbirds...>
Subject: [obol] Fields Report (late)
I stopped for gas. When asked how spring was treating Fields the waitress
replied that it was the most water in 20 years. The green up was well in
progress. It will be interesting to see if this reduces the number and
variety of birds this year due to the alternative locations with water and
bugs.The burger was mediocre, pressed not hand formed. The fries were
great and I never wait for a milkshake. For the best service wear Carhart
work wear not Columbia sports wear.

Across the road at the former Oasis, it was not birdy. In the five years
since the son bought the place he has not used the irrigation ditch to fill
the reservoir. I suspect it is a secondary issue. Perhaps mosquito control
or electricity to run an irrigation pump. A white-throated sparrow, two
yellow warblers, four butter butts, a handful of cedar waxwings. Also
present were the pair of GHO and a sharpy.

Fields has been spruced up. Every where I looked it was clean and tidy and
freshly painted. BLM was persuade to install two vault toilets. The sage
rat shooting industry has moved into the area.

*Happy Birding*
Clay Crofton
The Boy Who Cried Wrentit

Join us on Facebook!